Trip to A&E


Well that was a weird day, riding along doing an easy ride through Hambledon and then the next thing I know is multiple people standing over me trying to help.

I somehow face planted up ending up with 20 stiches in my lip, two black eyes and various patches of gravel rash.

 

I have no recollection of why I went down hard at 30kph nothing to suggest other vehicles, people, animals potholes, weird stuff in the road etc.

A massive thankyou to two motorcycle guys for helping me, a guy with a blanket and a fantastic women called Claire who call up my dad on my phone and the various police on the scene.

 

After a quick spinal check I got to A&E they said and ambulance would take an hour to hour and a half to arrive so my Dad picked me up and drove me.

 

Despite the queues at A&E I was seen fairly quickly probably cause I was dripping blood from my face and hands.

 

Everyone at QA was fantastic, I was pretty much spaced out not remembering the previous few days or why I was in hospital except everything hurt.

I got the full resus checks, CT scans, additional x rays on cheek, chest and my right hand. Unbelievably I hadn’t broken any bones just badly battered and bruised and scraped and the Maxillofacial doctor said I had a sort of downward grated lip injury that was very tricky to sew up, she sewed and sewed for quite a while.


The next four days i was very sore and was looking pretty bad. Couldn't really sleep and every night the swelling ballooned again. Throughout the day I had ice paces on my face to numb and reduce swelling. I was anxious i was going too lose my teeth as I had lost sensation in them and still haven't yet for a few of them,

I'm now recovering and healing well and will take my time before getting back on the bike but hopefully wont lose too much fitness.

Remember guys put ICE 1 in your contacts it really helps when its needed :)