Junior Tour of Wales

 A four day stage race in Wales, where I raced under Team South colours.
It started with a fairly short TT up the shallower side of the Tumble (a well known mountain in the area). My legs were'nt feeling the best after a weeks break off from training but I got round and finsihed it.
Stage 2 was an incredibly hot day, I managed to get into a chasing breakaway with about 11 others. We put about 2 mins into the peloton and stayed for the final 80kms. I didn't drink enough water and suffered from dehydration and cracked 2kms from the finish up Rhigos Mountain. I was caught and eventually rolled in with the grupetto. It was my own stupid mistake but i will make sure i dont repeat it the next time the weather is so oppressive.
 The final few stages was a cooler, and much nicer to ride in. However, I strained my leg from stage 2 and the pain got worse for each race and left me unable to compete in the racing but instead sat at the back feeling sorry for myself. I had to abandon the tour on the final day as it became too painful to ride on. I now am taking a week off the bike and hoping it will not take any longer for my leg to recover. Gutted, but ill get another shot at the tour next year.