Lockdown April - June 2020





Not having any racing sucks, but I have made the most of the extra time I have had available. I've kept my training up but not having any target races had been mentally tough, as has a lot of solo riding.    

 

Ive done some big miles over the last few weeks, my favourite rides were a lap of the IOW and a ride back from Surrey. I went up box hill for the first time and was amazed how many people were going up it at 8:30 in the morning, it felt like I was on Zwift. 


Had a great 140km  ride round the Isle of Wight on empty roads and in perfect weather. The roads are really smooth along the coast and yet I still managed to puncture on the only pothole on the island.




I've started to make a bush-craft knife, by hand, for a little project whilst I have this free time. I found a template online and cut it out a piece of tool steel with a jig saw and have begun to filing it down and shape it, after that I'll need to polish and heat treat it. then I’ll make the wooden handle and rivet it all together. Finally, I’ll make a leather sheath. 

I’ve found the whole thing interesting as I have never done anything like this before.

Hopefully, it will be finished by the end of lock-down. 





MASSIVE thanks to Pedal Potential who have helped support me during the past few months this has been invaluable and I truly appreciate it. Looking forward to it all returning back to normal.